Love versus Lust
Worldly people due to their ignorance, do not understand the true nature of Love. They regard lust to be the same as Love. Lust is seen in most beings, especially more so in evil people, devils, demons, fiends, animals etc. Only the liberated Souls are capable of true Love.
1. In lust both parties want to receive something from the other, while in Love, a devotee (lover) wants to offer everything to the Lord (Beloved).
2. In lust a person wants to satisfy his senses, while in Love he wants to serve the Lord (beloved), without any desire for personal gain (without wanting anything in return).
3. Lust is physical, while Love is spiritual, it is divine.
4. Lust involves delusion and pain, while Love is totally free from delusion and pain, and involves emancipation and infinite bliss.
5. In lust there is attachment and dependence, while in Love there is
relinquishment and independence.
6. Lust is selfish, while Love is selfless.
7. One who is lustful, becomes a slave to the object of lust, while Bhagwaan Himself becomes a slave to a devotee that is capable of Love.
8. Lust changes into insipidity, while love enhances every moment,
intensifying into a blissful state.
9. Lust is born of need, i.e. out of something lacking, while Love sprouts from completeness and the lover (devotee) remains happy in the happiness of the beloved (God).
10. In lust there is desire to derive pleasure, while in Love a lover
(devotee) wants to please the Beloved (Bhagwaan, Lord).
11. Lust leads to hell, while Love leads to the abode of God (the Beloved).
12. In lust, the parties involved ever remain two, while in Love, the lover (devotee) and the Beloved (Lord) become one and the same.
From “Sadhak Sanjivani” in Englishi by Swami Ramuskhdasji
For ENGLISH WEBSITE please visit: