Our Consciousness and the Chakras
Originally a Sanskrit term, Chakra literally means a wheel or vortex. The human body has seven chakras in all, which are specified as the energy centers of our body. It is through these chakras that the essential energy flows in our body. The manner in which these chakras function influences the decisions we make in life.
Before we go ahead, let us first attempt to understand what exactly is our consciousness. In our daily life, we experience an imaginable range of feelings, perceptions, reactions and thoughts. It is the total amalgamation of these experiences that make the whole of our consciousness. Now, what kind of emotions and reactions we have, depends on the way our chakras are functioning. Hence, these seven chakras are essentially the metamorphic connection between our physical body and our consciousness.
Vedic studies connect each of these seven chakras or energy centers in our body with one of the seven endocrine glands and the plexus, which is a group of nerves associated with a particular gland or a part of body.
Since each of these chakras are responsible for the actions we do in our lives and the kind of thoughts we think, a sound knowledge of these on our body is important if we want to become the best versions of ourselves. Let us move on to know more about each of these chakras and what part of the consciousness they effect and relate to.
Spot the stress
Anxiety, stress and tension are omnipresent in the modern day life. The key lies in our ability to spot the cause and handle the stress before it turns into a tangible, irreversible physical or mental illness.
When you are faced with a certain problem in life, the chakra in your body relevant to that category of the problem is affected. For instance, let us consider the case of an individual who is experiencing a complicated or inadequate sexual life and is facing related problems. The sacral chakra will then get affected and the key remedy would be to stimulate this energy centre. You can do this through the appropriate foods and lifestyle suggested for that particular chakra.
The Power of Knowledge
Here, we have furnished a brief list of all the seven chakras along with the key areas of our consciousness they relate to. The knowledge of these chakras are important in order to help you understand how each chakra influences our life, so that you can live the right kind of life to keep them in the best shape.
1. Crown chakra (Sahasrara) – Located on the top of the head and influences our sense of spirituality and self-awareness.
2. Brow chakra (Anja) – Located in-between the eyes, on our forehead and influences our sense of imagination, intuition and decision making abilities.
3. Throat chakra (Visuddha) – Located in the throat and influences our power of communication and expression of truth.
4. Heart chakra (Anahata) – Located at the centre of the chest, right above the heart and is related to the feelings of love, hatred and the like.
5. Solar plexus chakra (Manipura) – Located in our upper abdomen in the stomach and influences our sense of self-esteem and confidence.
6. Sacral chakra (Svadisthana) – Located in the lower abdomen, about 2 inches below the navel, it influences our sense of sexuality and well-being.
7. Root chakra (Muladhara) – Located at the base of our spine and is related to key survival issues like food, money and the like.
source : geniousawakening.com